A little something scrumptious to add to your breakfast, brunch, snack, salad, or bowl of soup. These Savory Ham and Cheese Muffins will make for a tasty addition to your table. Serve ’em warm with a drizzle of honey or a smattering of butter.
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 6 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. honey
- ¾ cup diced ham, small dices work best
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar shredded cheese, heaping + more for topping
- ¾ cup yellow corn (may use frozen, fresh of the cob or canned)
- ¼ cup fresh herbs, roughly chopped (mix of parsley and fresh chives; may use 1-2 tsp. of dried herbs)
- 2 green onion, ends removed and thinly sliced – white and light green parts
- ⅓ cup shredded zucchini (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.. Line a muffin pan with paper or grease liberally with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the milk, butter, egg, and honey and whisk to combine.
- To the bowl with flour add the wet ingredients as well as the ham, cheese, corn, herbs, green onion, and optional zucchini*. Gently fold to combine.
- Scoop the dough into a 12 cup muffin pan filling each well at least ¾ full.
- If you wish, top each muffin with a little shredded cheese, a few pieces of diced ham, a few kernels of corn and sprinkle of fresh chives or green onion. Press slightly into dough.
- Bake in the oven for 20-24 minutes or until the center is set and cheese is golden brown on top.
- Allow cooling for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Enjoy warm.
*If adding zucchini, we recommend removing as much liquid as possible by placing the zucchini shreds on a double layer of paper towel and pressing out the liquid. It doesn’t all need to be absorbed but just enough to remove some of the liquid before adding to the dough.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. To reheat, pop in the microwave for 20 seconds.
May also store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Created in partnership with The Real Food RDs.