Chinese Pork Lettuce Wraps are a quick and flavorful Asian-inspired recipe that can be served as an easy entrée or tasty appetizer.
For the Sauce:
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (may sub 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1 tsp. grated ginger (may sub ½ tsp. ground ginger)
- ¼ tsp. pepper
For the Pork:
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2 cups diced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 8 oz. can water chestnuts, diced
For serving and topping:
- Lettuce leaves (butter lettuce, bib or green lettuce)
- Shredded cabbage and carrot mix
- Green onion, sliced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Roasted cashews, chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Crushed red pepper
- Lime wedge
- In a small mason jar or bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Whisk well with fork and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add the ground pork, diced mushrooms, diced onion and a little salt and pepper. Cook for about 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add water chestnuts and continue to cook until pork is cooked through.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the sauce to the pan plus 2 Tbsp. additional water (add the water to the empty mason jar that contained the sauce, then shake up and pour in).
- Bring to a low simmer and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes or until sauce is mostly absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- Serve pork in a lettuce leaf and top with desired toppings.
Created in partnership with The Real Food RDs.