For Chipotle Pulled Pork
- 1 Pork shoulder (3-4 lbs.)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 chipotle chile, in adobo sauce, seeds removed, minced
- 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce, from the can of chipotle chiles
- Juice and zest of 2 limes (4 Tbsp.)
- Juice and zest of 1 orange (4 Tbsp.)
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
For Avocado Crema
- 1 avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Juice of 1 medium lime (2 Tbsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
For lettuce wraps
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 sliced avocado
- sliced radishes for garnish
- cilantro for garnish
Make Pulled Pork
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk olive oil, chipotle chile, adobo sauce, juices, zest, brown sugar, and spices.
- Place the pork shoulder into a gallon sealable plastic bag and cover with chipotle marinade.
- Refrigerate eight hours or overnight.
- Place pork, marinade, diced onion and 1/4 cup water in slow cooker.
- Cook pork for 8 hours on low, or until tender and falls apart easily, 180.
- Transfer pork to a large bowl, shredding with two forks. Toss with remaining marinade from slow cooker.
- Combine avocado, sour cream, heavy cream, lime juice and salt in the bowl of a small food processor fitted with a blade attachment. Process until smooth, occasionally scraping down the side of the bowl.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in cilantro until fully incorporated.
Assemble Lettuce Wraps
- Fill separated lettuce leafs with pork, top with sliced radishes, drizzled crema and cilantro.