- A variety of meats: Salami, Prosciutto, Ham
- Soft Cheeses: Brie, Mozzarella Pearls, Gorgonzola
- Hard Cheeses: Sharp Cheddar, Asiago or Parmesan
- Different Breads: Crackers, Baguette Slices, Crunchy Breadsticks
- Fresh Fruit: Sliced Apples and Grapes
- Nuts: Candied Almonds, Pistachios, Cashews
- Other: Olives and Dipping Sauces like Pesto
- Optional: Fresh Herbs
- Start with small bowls to use as anchors and fill with dips, olives, nuts, etc.
- Cut your cheeses into different shapes: Squares, wedges, triangles, and crumbles.
- Arrange the meats in different ways: Rolled, sliced, fanned, etc.
- Include different breads on the tray, then add in the fruit.
- Fill in the gaps with nuts and add in fresh herbs for color and aroma like rosemary.