DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
Responsible for leading a comprehensive communication strategy for the Minnesota Pork Board and Minnesota Pork Producers Association. As the primary point of contact between several external stakeholders and the organization, the Director of Communications must have strong interpersonal communication skills, thrive in a collaborative environment, and possess the ability to lead multiple communication strategies simultaneously. The Director of Communications reports directly to the CEO.
- Lead an innovative image related strategy that builds trust in Minnesota pig farmers
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive communication strategy that is aligned with the organization’s strategic plan
- Lead the coordination of digital, video, audio, print content
- Create a public relations strategy that allows staff and farmer leaders to cultivate meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level internal and external audiences
- Manage contractual agreements and content development with subject matter experts, cooperating vendors, and influencers, including but not limited to digital influencers and industry spokespeople
- Lead media relations for the MPB and MPPA
- MN Pork Congress Magazine and Pork Checkoff Report Editor
- Oversee the development and maintenance of websites including methods to deliver message, ease of navigation, and clarity of information; ensure that all content is current and relevant.
Critical Components to Be Successful
- B.A. / B.S. in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations or related field
- Creative, innovative, and receptive to diverse perspectives, new strategies, and change
- Strong ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with creating and implementing a comprehensive communication strategy preferred
- Demonstrated experience within Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, and website editing preferred
Candidates should submit resume and cover letter to:
Anne Donovan, Rizzo Executive Search, LLC. C# 612.581.7465
Learn more about Minnesota Pork here.