- 2 packages of gnocchi
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1 lb. ground pork
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 cup bell peppers, cut into small pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet until warmed; then, add the ground pork and cook until browned (about 6 to 8 minutes).
- Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the wine, onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes, basil and thyme; then, bring the mixture to a slow, rolling simmer. Then, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cream and gnocchi, and warm through for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.